Corrugated metal hose can be manufactured in various alloys to provide the best corrosion resistance for the intended application. Chlorine transfer is one area where metal hose has been specifically designed using a high-nickel alloy to prevent corrosion and increase worker safety. Manufactured from C276 alloy, these assemblies are the best in overcoming the potential hazards and are made in accordance with the latest guidelines as specified by the Chlorine Institute. Other applications can be found in steam hose and stripwound products used for the transfer of dry bulk materials.
Examples of Chemical applications that use metal hose are:
- Connections to Weigh Scales – Masterflex
- Loading/Unloading Tank Cars/Trucks – Annuflex
- Process Piping – Annuflex, Masterflex, Extraflex (when self draining is required)
- Steam Lines – Annuflex
- Dry Bulk Pneumatic Conveying – Interflex, Ultraflex
- Chlorine Transfer – ChlorSafe
- Severe Chemical Corrosion Concerns – ChemKing
Learn more in our Chemical blogs.
Refineries process crude oil products into fuel products, including gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene, and other similar product. These processes require hose assemblies for petroleum transfer, steam lines, and for the transfer of by-products and additives associated with refining. Corrugated metal hose is ideal for applications that require resistance to heat, corrosion, or the severity in refinery service applications.
Examples of Refinery applications that use metal hose are:
- Connection on Hydraulic Slide Valve of Cat Crackers – Hydraflex
- Gas Burner Connections – Annuflex, Masterflex
- Lube Lines to Pumps/Bearings – Annuflex, Masterflex, Hydraflex
- Lube Oil & Grease Plant Process Lines – Annuflex, Masterflex, Hydraflex
- Metering System Flex Lines – Extraflex
- Oil Burner Connections – Annuflex, Masterflex
- Stand Pipe Connections on Cat Crackers – Annuflex
- Steam Hose for Cleaning Tank Cars/Ships – Annuflex
- Steam Hoses – Annuflex, Masterflex
- Dock Hose – Annuflex, Masterflex
Learn more in our Refining blogs.
Steel manufacturing utilizes a variety of metal hose assemblies to accommodate a multitude of applications, including oxygen lance hose assemblies on BOF’s (basic oxygen furnaces), steam lines, gas lines, lubrication lines, cut-off torches, furnace door cooling hoses, tap hole drills, and spray chamber cooling lines. Because of the high heat and corrosive gases generated in this industry, metal hose is an ideal fit for the stringent environment associated with steel manufacturing.
Examples of Steel applications that use metal hose are:
- Blast Furnace – Annuflex (with or without liner), Extraflex, Hydraflex
- BOF Furnace – Annuflex (with or without liner), Extraflex, Hydraflex
- Boiler & Generation Units – Annuflex (with or without liner), Extraflex
- Coke Oven & Coke By-Products – Hydraflex (w/guard), Annuflex, Masterflex, Extraflex, ChemKing
- Cooling Water Hoses – Masterflex (lined)
- High Temperature Lubricating Lines – Masterflex, Hydraflex
- Oxygen Lance Hose – Interflex (lined), Masterflex
- Vacuum Degasser – Annuflex, Hydraflex
- Lime Injection – Ultraflex
- Liner and Guard – Interflex
- Caster Cutoff Torch – Masterflex, Extraflex
Learn more in our Steel blogs.
Pulp & Paper
Pulp & Paper mills use a lot of steam and various chemicals in their manufacturing process. Therefore, a wide variety of metal hose assemblies and expansion joints are used in this industry. By-products of paper mills include highly corrosive materials that require the use of corrosion resistant metals which can withstand high temperatures. Metal hose assemblies are a perfect fit in this type of environment.
Examples of Pulp & Paper applications that use metal hose are:
- Compressed Gas Lines – Masterflex
- De-inking Process – Annuflex
- Lubricating Lines – Annuflex, Masterflex, Hydraflex
- Steam Connections – Annuflex, Masterflex
- Tank Car Unloading – Annuflex
- Connections for White/Black Liquor – ChemKing
- Connections on Rotary Joints to Dryer Rolls – Masterflex
Learn more in our Pulp & Paper blogs.
PEI / Petroleum Systems
PEI connectors are used to absorb vibration and accommodate misalignment or seismic movement in underground piping systems beneath service stations. Underground connectors are specially designed to provide the most flexibility in a limited space, while insuring safety when handling volatile liquids.
Utilities & Power Plants
Utilities and power plants use metal hose and expansion joints for steam piping systems as well as fuel delivery lines in power generation equipment. Included in this industry are steam turbine manufacturers who also use metal hose for high pressure lubrication line applications and metal expansion joints found within the various piping systems. Similarly, nuclear power plants use metal hose and expansion joints for many of their critical service applications.
Examples of Utility / Power Plant applications that use metal hose are:
- Piping Systems – Annuflex, Masterflex, Expansion Joints
- Fuel Delivery Lines – Annuflex
- High Pressure Lubrication Lines – Hydraflex
Learn more in our Power blogs.
The Petrochemical industry has hose requirements similar to the ones found in refining and the chemical processing markets. Petrochemical plants are primarily involved in the manufacture of plastic resins from a petroleum base. Therefore, hose applications include chemical transfer, steam lines, dry bulk material handling, and dock hoses.
Examples of Petrochemical applications that use metal hose are:
Bulk Material Handling
Because of its abrasion resistance and decreased loading times, metal hose is superior to other hose types in pneumatic conveying systems (either low-pressure or vacuum). Metal hose is also excellent in dilute-phase or dense-phase pressure transfer applications. These applications require higher positive pressures to convey materials while maintaining minimal damage to the media being conveyed. Bulk material handling hose can be found on transportation equipment, as well as loading/unloading facilities in manufacturing plants or transportation logistics facilities.
Examples of Bulk Material Handling applications that use metal hose are:
Typical metal hose applications in the Shipbuilding industry include expansion joints and metal bellows, which are ideally suited for exhaust on the ship’s engines. Various other metal hose assembies are also used for steam, water and hydraulic lines to avoid catastrophic failure.
Examples of Shipbuilding applications that use metal hose are:
Stripwound metal hose is often used as a liner for chimneys because it provides superior flame/heat resistance as well as ease of cleaning. The flexibility of stripwound metal hose allows it to be easily inserted into a chimney as a liner or reliner in existing or new constructions. Roll-lock hose is a special type of stripwound hose that provides maximum flexibility and resistance to the corrosive gases that are produced from burning specialty fuels including heating oil or biofuels. Hose Master chimney products are UL listed unless otherwise noted.
Hose Master has teamed with Copperfield Chimney Supply to offer the finest chimney relining hose in the industry. For more information, see www.copperfield.com.
Commercial Food Service
Restaurants use metal hose assemblies for the ease and durability they provide. Whether connecting gas lines to moveable appliances, or to transfer water, steam, or oil; metal hose assemblies are widely used in this industry. Small diameter stripwound hose (FloppyGuard) is also used as a guard for washdown hose lines.
Hose Master has teamed with T&S Brass and Bronze Works, Inc. to supply the finest flexible gas, water, and steam appliance connectors in the food service industry. For more information, see www.tsbrass.com.
Water treatment facilities use chlorine in their purification process. Hose Master’s ChlorSafe hose assembies are specifically designed for the safe transfer of wet or dry chlorine. Manufactured from C276 alloy, these assembies are the best in overcoming the potential hazards associated with other metals or fluoropolymers. All ChlorSafe assemblies are made in accordance with the latest guidelines as specified by the Chlorine Institute.
Metal expansion joints are also used in the various piping systems at these facilities.
Examples of Water Treatment applications that use metal hose are:
Though we at Hose Master manufacture products able to solve any metal hose application, this page highlights some of the industries that consistently use our products.
For further assistance or inquiries, please contact our customer service department at (800) 221-2319 or email@example.com